Some of the benefits of exercise are:
- Usually lowers your blood sugar.
- Improves insulin sensitivity, which means your body’s insulin works better. Note: You may need an adjustment in your diabetes medication or insulin dose to help prevent the blood sugar from going too low. Ask your health care provider for advice.
- Reduces body fat.
- Helps to build and tone muscles.
- Lowers your risk for heart disease.
- Improves circulation.
- Preserves bone mass.
- Reduces stress and enhances quality of life.
Self assessment quizzes are available for topics covered in this website. To find out how much you have learned about Diabetes and Exercise, take our self assessment quiz when you have completed this section. The quiz is multiple choice. Please choose the single best answer to each question. At the end of the quiz, your score will display. If your score is over 70% correct, you are doing very well. If your score is less than 70%, you can return to this section and review the information.